Chia seeds are to be known as a “super food!”
Chia means”strength” in the Mayan language
The Aztec warriors ate 1 spoonful of chia seeds that would sustain them with energy for 24 hours! ( not sure the size of spoon!)
Top Chia benefits are:
- Skin and aging helpers. Chia are rich in antioxidants which speed up skins repair system, which helps fight pre mature aging.
- Digestive health. 1 serving( an ounce) can provide the daily recommended fiber intake. chia seeds also create a gel like substance in your stomach which works like a probiotic , keeping digestion working smoothly.(This is why I started eating them! I had candida and leaky gut when nothing worked, I tried this! And I feel great!)
- Heart Health.There are a ton of benefits here but I will just name a few.They can reverse inflammation , regulate cholesterol, and lower bp. Also can help reverse anti oxidative stress. Read review in medical journals and trial reviews
- help type 2 diabetes. Read article in British journal of nutrition.!
- Chia boosts energy and metabolism! read: Journal of strength and conditioning article chia
- Stronger Bones. just one ounce of chia seeds has 18 percent of recommended daily calcium. They contain boron which is essential to bone health Look up authoritynutrition.com
- Massive amounts of nutrition with very few calories
- Chia seeds can replace eggs! can be used as a pectin for jams and jellys! 2T=1ounce=138cal.. calcium.omega 3.adds fluff to pancakes! can thicken gravies,soups